ORGANIC HERBS: Organic Lemons, Lemon Verbena, Lemongrass, Guarana seed, Eleuthero root, Green tea, Fennel seed, Bitter Orange peel, Turmeric root, Artichoke leaf & Gentian root, filtered water & alcohol
A BITTERS that gives a ZIP to your day while gently enhancing your digestive functions. This product was made as a joke for a neighbor who loved to drink Mt. Dew and who could have probably benefited from drinking more water instead. Did Zippadity Bitters stop him from his daily dose of Dew? Nope! But he found that he liked the flavor of this bitters when added to his water.
Many people don't like or won’t drink plain water. By adding Zippadity Bitters to water it helps to create wonderful light overtones that can encourage one to drink more water instead of sugary beverages. Can also be taken undiluted.
Reasons: for using Bitter compounds
(*from Christopher Hobbs: Foundations of Health – Healing with Herbs & Foods)
- Poor fat digestion
- Poor protein digestion
- Weakness due to chronic illness, especially when accompanied by viral or bacterial infections
- Loss of zest for life, lowered vital energy
- Painful digestion, intestinal cramps, excessive gas
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor appetite
- Anemia, low hematocrit
- Excessive craving for sweets (his own observation)
- Immune-based disorders where nutritional deficiency is present
- Especially effective for digestive weakness due to mental overwork & lack of exercise
Other reasons why some people use Bitter compounds
- Low stomach acid
- Congested liver & gallbladder
- Heart burn & acid reflux
- Low blood sugar – full bitters cleanse
- Intestinal inflammation & Bloating
Ways & Dosages: of taking Bitter Compounds
- Tea made from a single herb or several herbs
- Tincture or Liquid Extract – most preferred way of taking bitters
- Taken only when needed to stop stomach upset, heart burn, slow digestion or acid reflux.
- Small amount before each meal to encourage better digestion
- Small amount after each meal to encourage better digestion
- Daily for a personal health concern
- As a full cleanse; this could be a day, week or even a full month
DISCLAIMER: The information and stories told on this site are provided for educational & entertainment purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. The products and statements on this site have not been evaluated by United States Food and Drug Administration.