ORGANIC or Wild-Crafted HERBS: Wormwood, Catnip leaf & flower, Chamomile flower, Sage leaf, Blue Vervain & Medjool Dates, filtered water & alcohol
Vermessence Bitters tastes somewhat floral with a bitter bite, the dates adds a bit of sweetness that takes the edge off the bitterness. Vermessence works well for soothing immediate digestive problems such as acid or heart burn, eases the bloaty type feeling of slow digestion & also works quickly if your belly wakes you in the middle of the night!
Can be taken before or after meals & it also works against parasites
And because of its anti-parasitical properties it is a wonderful Bitters to take along when traveling to other countries to help guard against parasites…. This formula was original made to cleanse the intestinal system of pinworms. It works amazingly well, then it became a favorite for acid reflex & heartburn.
Makes a tasty Cordial for sipping after a meal instead of a dessert! Recipe Below...............
- Pour 1 cup good Brandy into a pint jar.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Bitters
- Followed by ¼ cup Honey
- Mix. Flavors mellow & smooth if allowed to sit for a week or so.
Enjoy! Before a meal – After a meal – Before Bed – While reading a book!
Bitter compounds can be used in many different reasons & for many different ways & dosages.
Reasons: for using Bitter compounds
(*from Christopher Hobbs: Foundations of Health – Healing with Herbs & Foods)
- Poor fat digestion
- Poor protein digestion
- Weakness due to chronic illness, especially when accompanied by viral or bacterial infections
- Loss of zest for life, lowered vital energy
- Painful digestion, intestinal cramps, excessive gas
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor appetite
- Anemia, low hematocrit
- Excessive craving for sweets (his own observation)
- Immune-based disorders where nutritional deficiency is present
- Especially effective for digestive weakness due to mental overwork & lack of exercise
Other reasons why some people use Bitter compounds
- Low stomach acid
- Congested liver & gallbladder
- Heart burn & acid reflux
- Low blood sugar – full bitters cleanse
- Intestinal inflammation & Bloating
Ways & Dosages: of taking Bitter Compounds
- Tea made from a single herb or several herbs
- Tincture or Liquid Extract – most preferred way of taking bitters
- Taken only when needed to stop stomach upset, heart burn, slow digestion or acid reflux.
- Small amount before each meal to encourage better digestion
- Small amount after each meal to encourage better digestion
- Daily for a personal health concern
- As a full cleanse; this could be a day, week or even a full month
DISCLAIMER: The information and stories told on this site are provided for educational & entertainment purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. The products and statements on this site have not been evaluated by United States Food and Drug Administration.