- On-Line STORE
- Bellies, Bitters & Digestion
- Double Mint "Water" Bitters
Double Mint "Water" Bitters
ORGANIC HERBS: Peppermint leaf, Spearmint leaf, Catnip leaf & flower, Fennel seed, Gentian root, Angelica root & Og. Menthol crystals, filtered water & alcohol
WATER BITTERS: enhances drinking water of all kinds. Plain, sparkling, seltzer or carbonated.
Add 1/4 Teaspoon per quart of water OR add drops directly into your water bottle.
One 3 oz. bottle makes 15 - 18 gallons of flavored water.
Some of my Bitter compounds where created with the intention to give water a light flavoring along with the added benefits of the herbal plants. Many people don't like plain water so these Water Bitters add wonderful light tones that encourage one to drink more water.
Bitters can also be taken before or after meals.
Bitters can be put into water, wine, tea, as a cordial or taken straight up.
Reasons: for using Bitter compounds
(*from Christopher Hobbs: Foundations of Health – Healing with Herbs & Foods)
- Poor fat digestion
- Poor protein digestion
- Weakness due to chronic illness, especially when accompanied by viral or bacterial infections
- Loss of zest for life, lowered vital energy
- Painful digestion, intestinal cramps, excessive gas
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor appetite
- Anemia, low hematocrit
- Excessive craving for sweets (his own observation)
- Immune-based disorders where nutritional deficiency is present
- Especially effective for digestive weakness due to mental overwork & lack of exercise
Other reasons why some people use Bitter compounds
- Low stomach acid
- Congested liver & gallbladder
- Heart burn & acid reflux
- Low blood sugar – full bitters cleanse
- Intestinal inflammation & Bloating
Ways & Dosages: of taking Bitter Compounds
- Tea made from a single herb or several herbs
- Tincture or Liquid Extract – most preferred way of taking bitters
- Taken only when needed to stop stomach upset, heart burn, slow digestion or acid reflux.
- Small amount before each meal to encourage better digestion
- Small amount after each meal to encourage better digestion
- Daily for a personal health concern
- As a full cleanse; this could be a day, week or even a full month
DISCLAIMER: The information and stories told on this site are provided for educational & entertainment purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. The products and statements on this site have not been evaluated by United States Food and Drug Administration.