Gypsy Bitters - Dry formula
ORGANIC HERBS: Aloe leaf, Wormwood, Senna leaf, Og. Camphor Crystals, Rhubarb root, Turmeric root, Wild Yam root, Dandelion root, Elecampane root, Angelica root, Fenugreek seed, Yarrow leaf & flower, Gravel root, & Myrrh gum
Reasons for consuming Herbal Bitter Compounds are wide and varied. Mostly used for poor fat & protein digestion but they can also help with poor appetite & low vital energy as they help awaken & cleanse the digestive organs.
Many folks who experience irritable bowel syndrome turn to Bitter compounds to help relieve their painful digestion, cramping, gas & bloating problems.
Makes over 1 1/2 quarts
Reasons: for using Bitter compounds
(*from Christopher Hobbs: Foundations of Health – Healing with Herbs & Foods)
- Poor fat digestion
- Poor protein digestion
- Weakness due to chronic illness, especially when accompanied by viral or bacterial infections
- Loss of zest for life, lowered vital energy
- Painful digestion, intestinal cramps, excessive gas
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor appetite
- Anemia, low hematocrit
- Excessive craving for sweets (his own observation)
- Immune-based disorders where nutritional deficiency is present
- Especially effective for digestive weakness due to mental overwork & lack of exercise
Other reasons why some people use Bitter compounds
- Low stomach acid
- Congested liver & gallbladder
- Heart burn & acid reflux
- Low blood sugar – full bitters cleanse
- Intestinal inflammation & Bloating
Ways & Dosages: of taking Bitter Compounds
- Tea made from a single herb or several herbs
- Tincture or Liquid Extract – most preferred way of taking bitters
- Taken only when needed to stop stomach upset, heart burn, slow digestion or acid reflux.
- Small amount before each meal to encourage better digestion
- Small amount after each meal to encourage better digestion
- Daily for a personal health concern
- As a full cleanse; this could be a day, week or even a full month
DISCLAIMER: The information and stories told on this site are provided for educational & entertainment purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. The products and statements on this site have not been evaluated by United States Food and Drug Administration.