- On-Line STORE
- Bellies, Bitters & Digestion
- Lic Mint Bitters
Lic Mint Bitters
ORGANIC HERBS: Licorice root, Peppermint leaf, Fenugreek seed, Anise seed, Meadowsweet herb, Pau D'Arco bark, Wormwood leaf & flower, filtered water & alcohol
LicMint has a sweet crisp flavor with a rooty mellowness mixed in. Meadowsweet has it's own unique flavor just like licorice & peppermint you could almost say it's a smoky flavor but...... not! Ha! Gotta love it! Add it to your favorite Mint Schnapps and you have a great after dinner sipper.
Peppermint & Meadowsweet create quite a pair when it comes to ridding the digestive system of problems. Both are the type of plants that cover a wide range of digestive problems, plus Peppermint leaf is high in potassium so your heart loves it. Meadowsweet is also known for relieving intestinal pain, reducing acidity & heartburn.
Bitter compounds can be used in many different reasons & for many different ways & dosages.
Reasons: for using Bitter compounds
(*from Christopher Hobbs: Foundations of Health – Healing with Herbs & Foods)
- Poor fat digestion
- Poor protein digestion
- Weakness due to chronic illness, especially when accompanied by viral or bacterial infections
- Loss of zest for life, lowered vital energy
- Painful digestion, intestinal cramps, excessive gas
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor appetite
- Anemia, low hematocrit
- Excessive craving for sweets (his own observation)
- Immune-based disorders where nutritional deficiency is present
- Especially effective for digestive weakness due to mental overwork & lack of exercise
Other reasons why some people use Bitter compounds
- Low stomach acid
- Congested liver & gallbladder
- Heart burn & acid reflux
- Low blood sugar – full bitters cleanse
- Intestinal inflammation & Bloating
Ways & Dosages: of taking Bitter Compounds
- Tea made from a single herb or several herbs
- Tincture or Liquid Extract – most preferred way of taking bitters
- Taken only when needed to stop stomach upset, heart burn, slow digestion or acid reflux.
- Small amount before each meal to encourage better digestion
- Small amount after each meal to encourage better digestion
- Daily for a personal health concern
- As a full cleanse; this could be a day, week or even a full month
DISCLAIMER: The information and stories told on this site are provided for educational & entertainment purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. The products and statements on this site have not been evaluated by United States Food and Drug Administration.